Cold Feet?

Comments, thoughts and issues on any other aspects of MDS - not covered by other folders - PLEASE CHECK before you post in this folder.

Moderator: Steering Committee

AFWA6

Cold Feet?

Post by AFWA6 » 13 Apr 2023 07:07

During my MDS journey one symptom has bugged me for a long time and that is cold and numb feet. It’s not painful but uncomfortable and annoying. Also I’ve suffered with discomfort in my calves and thighs especially when walking or climbing stairs. I’ve searched for a remedy and I’ve sought the advice of my team. They are common symptoms apparently but no one seems to have any answer other than explaining that with a low blood count/anaemia it’s not uncommon.

I turned to using a hand roller muscle massager. It’s made a bid difference and reduced the symptoms by some margin. Before going out for a walk I’ll massage my leg muscles for a couple of minutes. I assume this is stimulating my circulation and helping reduce the cramp like discomfort. Also when sitting watching TV I roll the massager under the soles of my feet again for a couple of minutes and it seems to help.

Search for hand roller muscle massager, there’s loads on the market. I choose the one above which cost £11.99
Devjon

Re: Cold Feet?

Post by Devjon » 17 Apr 2023 13:00

Thanks for the recommendation. I get very sore quads and also calf pain. I've just put one on order 👍

Return to “General Chat”