Travel Insurance - June 2022 - Columbus

For information about insurance companies able to offer coverage to those with pre-existing medical conditions - such as MDS. And new folder about Health or Life Insurance issues.

Moderator: Steering Committee

RUSE7

Travel Insurance - June 2022 - Columbus

Post by RUSE7 » 15 Jul 2022 09:19

Hi All,

Just a quick post about my experience trying to get travel insurance for my trip to Australia this year. I ended up going with Columbus, as recommended in Sophie's amazing post about Post Brexit Travel Insurance.

They asked all the right questions about MDS, then showed me a quote for about £250 for the 3 weeks, whereas my husband's was only £60. A bit of a shock. In the end, I was able to exclude cover for MDS from the policy and that brought the price down to £60 for me too. Given I'm Watch and Wait with stable bloods and I have access to health care in Australia, this seemed like the best option. It gave me cover for any hiccups with the trip like lost bags, cancellations or delays, and access to care for any accidents or illnesses that occurred that weren't MDS related for a reasonable price. I realise that this may not suit everyone, but for me, it was a god send. This definitely shouldn't be taken as advice though. Only do it if you know you can get good treatment if something MDS related happens while you are away!

Re yearly cover.....they wouldn't offer it to me which was a bit of a disappointment.

No need to reply....just an FYI.

Cheers
Ronnie

Return to “Travel or Health/Life insurance for MDS”