Timelimits for Lenalidomide?

Moderator: Steering Committee

BPBS9

Timelimits for Lenalidomide?

Post by BPBS9 » 08 Aug 2023 18:02

Hi - can anyone tell me please whether there are any limits to how many consecutive cycles someone with MDS 5q del can remain on Lenalidomide before having to head for a stem cell transplant? If there is a limit, is that cost driven or clinically driven ie declining response to Len (I'm on Len 10) treatment? I've been told there is no alternative --- it is Len and Allo STC for me. Thank you.
chris

Re: Timelimits for Lenalidomide?

Post by chris » 08 Aug 2023 23:29

Hello there

I think these are valid questions that you should be asking your clinical team as we cannot give medical advice on this Forum. Your medical team have your full medical history and are presumably monitoring your response to lenalidomide to check it is working as hoped?

I see you’ve made another post with a question about stem cell donors so I’ll respond to that under the other topic.

Meanwhile, I hope you are staying well and not having too many side effects from the lenalidomide?

Take care

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.
JBLA7

Post by JBLA7 » 22 Jan 2024 20:52

Sorry. Bit late with reply.

If its of any use I had 34 cycles of lenny (5mg) before I had to come off.
Transfusion free for over 3 years

Judith
chris

Post by chris » 22 Jan 2024 22:26

Hi Judith

Many thanks for responding to this query and giving your personal experience. Very helpful. I hope the person enquiring got the information they needed from their clinician.

Was there a reason that you had to come off lenalidomide and are you saying that you’ve remained transfusion free for 3 years since you came off? Or that you had 3 years transfusion-free whilst you were on the lenalidomide?

How are you doing now? Hope you remain well?
Best wishes

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.

Return to “MDS Treatment: Lenalidomide/Revlimid”