Stem cell transplant - graft failure

Comments, thoughts and issues on any other aspects of MDS - not covered by other folders - PLEASE CHECK before you post in this folder.

Moderator: Steering Committee

KASP6

Stem cell transplant - graft failure

Post by KASP6 » 07 Jan 2023 12:38

Happy New Year.
I’m just wondering if there’s any one on this forum with experience of graft failure following a bone marrow transplant?
I’d love to hear from you.
Kirsty
chris

Re: Stem cell transplant - graft failure

Post by chris » 12 Jan 2023 14:19

HI Kirsty

I'm so sorry to hear about your partner experiencing graft failure after his stem cell transplant.Am presuming that you are getting good support from the transplant hospital with ideas of what to do next? I hope somebody may com forward tp respond to you - though you will understand that this can be a difficult time for people who are going through that experience themselves? It might also be useful for you to join the MDS UK Facebook group in case anybody on there has had this experience?

I've moved your post from the General Chat into the Stem Cell transplant topic as I hope more people who have had a stem cell transplant may see this post there.

best wishes

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.

Return to “General Chat”