Year of Dragon - helps to raise awareness

Comments, thoughts and issues on any other aspects of MDS - not covered by other folders - PLEASE CHECK before you post in this folder.

Moderator: Steering Committee

Bronte

Year of Dragon - helps to raise awareness

Post by Bronte » 17 Jan 2012 18:06

Hi - particularly anyone in KENT

I am pleased to advise that Tonbridge School in Kent one of the leading boarding schools in the country has agreed to hold a Charity Art Exhibition on the 27th January, 2012 . The exhibition will be held in the tunnel gallery and will celebrate the Year of the Dragon. Chinese artists and parents from Hong Kong have kindly donated Chinese art, photographs and artefacts for sale with 20% of the profits from sales being donated to MDS UK

I hope that the papers and perhaps even BBC South East can be encouraged to cover this event, especially as the school will be hosts to the Australian Olympic Athletics team.
The school has offered an open invitation to all patients, family and friends that would like to attend the Tunnel Gallery on Friday the 27th January from 6.30pm to 8pm. For further information (tunnelgallery@tonbridge-school.org)
Hopefully, this will help to raise awareness for patients unaware of this forum and the public.

Bronte
Novice fundraiser, but used to networking, would appreciate help for future projects , from anyone in Kent.
Husband diagnosed with RCMD (March 2010)
Last edited by Bronte on 23 Jan 2012 21:31, edited 2 times in total.
Sheldon

Re: A centre of excellence - helps to raise awareness

Post by Sheldon » 18 Jan 2012 22:25

hi Bronte
always good to hear of the arts being encouraged, especialy photography (my pasion).
Hope you rais loads, have you contacted the local radio stations, eg Solent etc, they will get you more coverage in advance of the event that tv or even newspapers.
You have not said what charity you are raising funds for but I hope it is a success.

PS. My diagnosos is also rcmd
Sheldon
Bronte

Re: A centre of excellence - helps to raise awareness

Post by Bronte » 20 Jan 2012 12:24

Hi Sheldon,

Thanks for your suggestion, I had forgotten the radio station, in fact they were the first to respond on MINI 2 the ARCTIC.
EMMERDALE is helping to raise awareness, by running a storyline about FANCONI ANAEMIA, lets hope that this event might do the same, for MDS patients.
Details of this event are now posted on the home page.
I am sure the photography will be excellent. Hopefully, we might be able to upload some pix

Bronte
Karen

Re: Year of Dragon - helps to raise awareness

Post by Karen » 22 Feb 2012 12:52

Good luck with your fund raising.

Return to “General Chat”