About MDS UK Patient Support Group
MDS UK Patient Support Group is a charity born in 2008 to raise awareness of MDS, offer support and information to patients and families and campaign to increase the quality of life and make treatments available to those affected by Myelodysplastic Syndromes.
Our contact details
Telephone: 020 7733 7558
Address: Haematology - Bessemer Wing, King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
If you have MDS, or someone in your family has MDS, you're in the right place for expert advice
"To know that there is a support network to help my mum gives me great strength"
"Meeting other MDS patients and sharing experiences with them has made a great difference to the way in which I deal with my own MDS"
What do people say about us?
How we support MDS patients:
- We can provide you with access to a list of UK consultants, specialising in MDS at specialist centres.
- You can contact us and receive help and advice by telephone 5 days a week
- You can join our national patient information meetings with specialist speakers or attend our small regional support group meetings, to meet informally and hear from local consultants and nurses.
- You can also request our information material and access our website, which provides the most updated information on MDS, patient stories and current research.
- We can put you in touch with fellow patients who may share their experience with you.
- You can take part in our online forum and share your experiences as an MDS patient, write or respond to other people's messages.
Patron Caitlin Limmer – aims and aspirations for MDS UK
MDS UK are very proud to operate a charity that is happily diverse in terms of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and citizenship.
We believe that having an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best is the absolute right thing to do.
We want all of our employees, partners, volunteers, remote workers, committee members, fundraisers and patients to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are when dealing with MDS UK