The following MDS clinical trials are no longer open to recruitment in the UK.
Clinical trials are expected to recruit patients for a finite period of time. Each trial has an expected recruitment target, i.e. a specific number of patients needed to participate in the trial in order for the results of the trial to be meaningful and answer all of the proposed questions. Once this target is achieved, the trial is closed to recruitment and the data obtained from the trial is analysed and interpreted. It can take several months for this analysis to be completed. The final results are often published in international journals and/or presented at a scientific meeting.
Please visit the following page for Currently Open MDS Clinical Trials.
Learn more about the latest MDS research
MDS Trials No Longer Recruiting
- SUB-TYPE OF MDS: Higher risk MDS and also elderly patients (age ≥ 65 years) with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia
- SEVERITY OF MDS: Intermediate –2 or High Risk
- NAME OF DRUG: Subcutaneous Azacitidine and Durvalumab, which activates the immune system to have a response against tumor cells.
- SUB-TYPE OF MDS: Patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia that has returned after a period of improvement (relapsed) or have not responded to previous treatment (refractory).
- SEVERITY OF MDS: Higher Risk
- NAME OF DRUG: Anti-CD47 monoclonal antibody, Hu5F9-G4 (target therapy that blocks the growth of cancer cells)