KRT-2329 Mar. 2022
Research FOR Patients
-For an informed and empowered opinion-
All the trials listed in our site have been properly vetted for scientific accuracy. Many thanks to Dr Simone Green – Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust - for the continuous work in updating the listing.
- SUB-TYPE OF MDS: Patients with MDS or CMML who have relapsed from or are refractory to previous therapy
- SEVERITY OF MDS: Intermediate, High or Very High Risk
- NAME OF DRUG: KRT-232
- Aims and benefits: This Phase Ib/2 study that investigates the safety and effectiveness of KRT-232 when taken alone and in combination with Low-dose Cytarabine or Decitabine in patients with acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) including AML secondary to myeloproliferative disorders.
- Primary outcome: To determine the recommended dose of KRT-232 as well as its safety and tolerability. KRT-232 targets MDM2 thus preventing it from inhibiting p53. P53 has a role in arresting the tumour cell cycle and in promoting programmed death of tumour cells.
- Secondary outcome: To determine response rates.
- Basic inclusion criteria:
- Patients with relapsed/refractory AML or AML secondary to myeloproliferative neoplasm.
- Basic exclusion criteria:
- Patients who are TP53 mutation positive.
- Prior treatment with an MDM2 antagonist therapy.
- Stem cell transplant within 3 months or active graft versus host disease.
- CNS involvement with AML.
- Trial sites/locations and name of physician in charge of trial (none are currently recruiting):
- University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff
- The Royal Marsden Hospital, London
If you think this information is relevant to you, please discuss it with your own physician.