JCVI recommends eligible groups for Autumn 2023 COVID-19 booster programme10 Jul. 2023
The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has announced the eligibility criteria for who can receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine in Autumn 2023. Speaking on behalf of the JCVI, Professor Wei Shen Lim, who leads the committee on COVID-19 immunisation, outlined the objective of the autumn booster initiative.
"The autumn booster programme will continue to focus on those at greatest risk of getting seriously ill. These persons will benefit the most from a booster vaccination."
JCVI has advised on the specific groups to be offered the booster vaccine this Autumn 2023
- residents in a care home for older adults
- all adults aged 65 years and over
- persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, as laid out in the Immunisation Green Book, COVID-19 chapter (Green Book). (Please note, this applies to all people with MDS and CMML).
- frontline health and social care workers
- persons aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts (as defined in the Green Book) of people with immunosuppression
- persons aged 16 to 64 years who are carers (as defined in the Green Book) and staff working in care homes for older adults.
For more information from gov.uk
For more detail, follow the link to the official press release from gov.uk Further advice on the start dates of the programme and the choice of vaccine products for use this autumn will be provided in due course.