An opportunity for those affected by MDS to hear about the latest in MDS research and treatment
The next MDS UK Patient and Family Forum will take place in Harrogate, UK on Friday 22nd March, 2019 9.45 am – 16.00 pm
It will be an invaluable opportunity for those affected by MDS to hear about the latest developments in MDS research and treatment.
This FREE event will be held at the Crown Hotel Harrogate Crown Place, Harrogate North Yorkshire, HG1 2RZ
The meeting is open to MDS patients and their guests, as well as clinical staff across the regions of Yorkshire: York, Leeds, Harrogate, Hull, Bradford, Huddersfield and Wakefield.
Patients and their families will have the opportunity to participate in this informal discussion regarding their quality-of-life issues and their experience of living with MDS. New clinical trials, new diagnostic methods, therapies and treatment options will also be discussed.
The day includes presentations by MDS experts, guest speakers and patients on topics of clinical trials, new therapy options, including opportunities to ask questions and meet fellow patients, in our Quality-of-life session – Living with MDS.
Harrogate Patient and Family Forum Agenda
*** 10.00 Registration opens - Tea/Coffee - Book your questions opportunity ***
- 10.20 Welcome and introductions, S. Wintrich, MDS UK - Patient Speaker: “Making sense of information after diagnosis” -
- 10.30 What is MDS & current treatment options – with Q&A Prof David Bowen, Consultant Haematologist, St. James's Institute of Oncology, Leeds
- 11.10 New advances in MDS and emerging treatment options – Speaker to be confirmed
- 11.35 Research, trials and projects in MDS Q&A Speaker to be confirmed
Patient input for design & revision of clinical trial documentation – Patient Claudia Richards & EU MDS Project – Leeds Research Nurse
*** 12.30– 13.30 * Free Lunch Provided***
- 13.30 Patient Forum Discussion – Living with MDS Session - CNS, Leeds; S. Wintrich, MDS UK
Patient speakers – “Coming to terms with MDS”
*** 15.00 -15.15 Grab a tea/coffee/biscuit - mini break ***
- 15.15 Specialist sessions (split workshop groups):
Bone Marrow Transplant - YES: What you need to know and can expect regarding a stem cell transplant
Dr Anjum Khan, St. James's Institute of Oncology, Leeds; Patient Speaker
Bone Marrow Transplant - NOT for me: Options for those who cannot undergo a transplant, or opted against one
Prof David Bowen, Consultant Haematologist, St. James's Institute of Oncology, Leeds; Patient Speaker
- 16.00 MDS UK activities & Next steps for the region - MDS local groups, S Wintrich, Regional Coordinators, Patient and carers Creation of a Yorkshire Local Group
- 16.40– End of sessions