Anglia Regional Group - contacts and chat

A place to advertise your regional meetings, get togethers, formal or informal - so that others can find you - and you can post updates.

Moderator: Steering Committee

Sophie

Anglia Regional Group - contacts and chat

Post by Sophie » 06 Dec 2011 13:34

This is the start of a local Anglia/Cambridge Group - please discuss local issues here - but please carry on discussing MDS general issues in the appropriate folders in the rest of this chat forum. We don't want to duplicate chats already listed in the rest of the forum. This sub-folder is for Anglia only contacts.
Thanks
Sophie - Patient Liaison
Queries:
Call 0207 733 7558
Email info@mdspatientsupport.org.uk

Please do not send me PM messages on this forum - I do not check it often.
This forum is purely for patient to patient communications. Thanks for your help.
man1city

Re: Cambridge Regional Group - contacts and chat

Post by man1city » 08 Dec 2011 14:54

Hello Cambridge mini group! I am looking forward to our meeting in January and so I am having a bit of practice on this message board. It is my first attempt so I hope I am not breaking any rules! I noted that Charles (John) is familiar with this genre so please put me right Charles, where necessary. If anybody is interested, I was diagnosed in 2008 and my MDS is of the raeb2 variety but I have yet to really understand what that means! But the purpose of the regional group is to organise supportive gettogethers for patients and carers and to spread information so I should not be talking about myself. Suffice to say that I have always found forum meetings very encouraging and informative so that is why I hope to make some contribution to our mini meetings. Best wishes to all.

John Heywood :D
Age 83. Diagnosed 2008 as RAEB 2 but now am CMML. Wonderfully cared for at Addenbrookes Cambridge, a centre of excellence for MDS treatment/research. Blood transfusions rarely. Very fortunate!
Sophie

Re: Anglia Regional Group - contacts and chat

Post by Sophie » 18 Jan 2012 19:42

Windsor Walk - 13th May 2012

It was suggested that some people from Cambridge and surroundings might want to participate in the Windsor Walk - on 13th May 2012.
I will post an entry on our main website as well - but this is to entice the Cambridge group to invite friends and family to take part - and enjoy that really nice day out - and the pick-nick/barbecue at the end of the walk.
No obligation to walk for patients - although help is available if you wanted to do part of the tour.
However - definitely need to bring friends/family members/dogs/children/grand-children who will represent you on the day ;)
Link:
http://www.theaat.org.uk/theaat.nsf/0/3 ... enDocument
Rodney + family - myself - Russell + family - Jyoti + family and friends did it last year - it was highly enjoyable and we raised 600GBP for MDS UK - sponsored by Rodney's nice friends. Thank you to them!
Hope we can bring a much larger group this year.
Personnally I'd like to encourage people to bring home baked cakes too 8-) ;)
Sophie - Patient Liaison
Queries:
Call 0207 733 7558
Email info@mdspatientsupport.org.uk

Please do not send me PM messages on this forum - I do not check it often.
This forum is purely for patient to patient communications. Thanks for your help.
man1city

Anglia

Post by man1city » 03 Feb 2012 17:47

Hello Anglia Regional Group Gang

Just another bit of practice! Looking forward to being with you on Wednesday next (8th) at Scotsdale. Hope John P is getting on OK and see you next time.

Best wishes

John H :D

PS Has anybody else read the correspondence which starts "My Journey - Jayne" I found it all very moving and humbling. J
Age 83. Diagnosed 2008 as RAEB 2 but now am CMML. Wonderfully cared for at Addenbrookes Cambridge, a centre of excellence for MDS treatment/research. Blood transfusions rarely. Very fortunate!

Return to “Regional Meeting Groups”