bone marrow transplant

Post here for any general stem cell transplant related issues

Moderator: Steering Committee

jules

Re: bone marrow transplant

Post by jules » 19 Aug 2009 09:43

Hi everyone just to let you know that my transplant has been cancelled as the donor failed the medical
Jules :-"
jules

Post by jules » 19 Aug 2009 09:43

Hi everyone just to let you know that my transplant has been cancelled as the donor failed the medical
Jules :-"
Nigel

Post by Nigel » 24 Aug 2009 17:57

So sorry Jules, I'd just logged on to wish you well - hope they come up with another soon for you
Keep cheerful
best wishes
Nigel
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » 29 Aug 2009 17:12

Hi Jules
I'm really sorry that it didn't work out this time with the donor. I hope another match comes available soon for you.

I went to Kings with my dad last week and met with Professor Mufti. I thought he was great and my dad got on really well with him. I think my dad is going to have the bmt now. I'm really glad we went there. More positive which is what my dad needs and I guess what we all need.

Stay positive, take care x
jules

Post by jules » 04 Sep 2009 16:05

Hi Nigel
Hi Rebecca

thanksfor your kind wishes should have some good news soon. If there is no donor to befound my consultant in Norfolk says he wants me to go to London for treatment while I am waiting. I'm Glad your father is feeling more positive Rebecca I wish him all the best

keep smilin
jules x
jules

Post by jules » 04 Sep 2009 16:05

Hi Nigel
Hi Rebecca

thanksfor your kind wishes should have some good news soon. If there is no donor to befound my consultant in Norfolk says he wants me to go to London for treatment while I am waiting. I'm Glad your father is feeling more positive Rebecca I wish him all the best

keep smilin
jules x
jules

Post by jules » 14 Oct 2009 16:05

Hi there, Jules hereand I have another donor o:) this time its another american buta man this time. If everything goes according to plan I will go in on the 8th November.
This Sunday however I am abseiling off a building in Norwich for Marie Curie. Wish me luck please as I have never done this before8-[ 8-[

Hope all is as well as possible with you

Jules x
Nigel

Post by Nigel » 14 Oct 2009 17:10

Brilliant news Jules (re the donor ... not so sure myself about the abseiling though)
Hope things all go to plan and you arrive safely on terra-firma on sunday ... the trick it not to look down until you get there!

Fingers crossed for your donor from across the pond ... does that mean he gets a flight across or can they just send the cells I wonder?

Anyway best of luck and keep us posted

As for me, embarassingly well just pouring the pounds on due to work pressures...
Nigel
jules

Post by jules » 07 Nov 2009 18:24

Hi NigelHI Rebecca

Just to let you know that i am now incarcerated in addenbrookes and so far all is going well.

take care
jules x
jules

Post by jules » 07 Nov 2009 18:24

Hi NigelHI Rebecca

Just to let you know that i am now incarcerated in addenbrookes and so far all is going well.

take care
jules x

Return to “Stem Cell Transplants: General”