Advice following bone marrow biopsy.

Moderator: Steering Committee

Josie

Advice following bone marrow biopsy.

Post by Josie » 24 Mar 2009 22:21

I had my 5th bone marrow biopsy last Monday and the area around the needle site is tender to touch and a bit red. Has anyone else had an infection following a biopsy. I will speak with my doctor tomorrow to check. The whole thing really knocked me out last week and I am sure my body is becoming desensitised to them. As my bones are hard (at least Ive got that going for me!) I always have a sedative now but it didn't work last week and I had forgotten how painful it was!! Josie
Treasurer

Re: Advice following bone marrow biopsy.

Post by Treasurer » 26 Mar 2009 17:21

Hi Josie
I had my 7th bone marrow biopsy under sedation yesterday. Although I'm a little sore all went ok, unlike my previous one, when I woke up in the middle of the biospsy and was very uncomfortable and sore for days after. I also was bleeding a lot more that time. I think it's all down to the registrar that you have on the day. I have found that the more arrogant they are, the more pain I experience after!

Sharon
Josie

Post by Josie » 26 Mar 2009 22:22

I definatley agree with that. I am going to see how the area is tomorrow and then I may go to my GP if no better. Thanks for replying though.
Josie

Post by Josie » 26 Mar 2009 22:22

I definatley agree with that. I am going to see how the area is tomorrow and then I may go to my GP if no better. Thanks for replying though.
Treasurer

Post by Treasurer » 07 Apr 2009 13:52

Hi Josie
Just wondered how you are getting on and hope that you didn't develop any infection

Sharon
Treasurer

Post by Treasurer » 07 Apr 2009 13:52

Hi Josie
Just wondered how you are getting on and hope that you didn't develop any infection

Sharon

Return to “Bone Marrow Biopsies”