bone marrow transplant

Post here for any general stem cell transplant related issues

Moderator: Steering Committee

jules

Re: bone marrow transplant

Post by jules » 06 Jan 2010 12:18

Re exercise I found a tv station on sky that does chairobics, Very light but initially helped to keep things moving. Now using stepper and sometimes, weather and body permitting, a walk jx :d/
nigem

Post by nigem » 06 Jan 2010 20:06

Really good to hear from you Jules, Its really helpful to know just how out of it one can be. I will know more about what to expect.Rebecca, PM me and i can give you my mobile number. I will be visiting the DMU while husband gets his injections during the weekend and could meet.
Nicks transplant date has been put back following the result of the BMBiopsy and he will have another 2 rounds of Azacytedine and another BMB. I heard today at Kings that they have quite a few transplants in the next few weeks, and know of another person who has had their planned admission delayed for a couple of weeks.
Gem
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » 06 Jan 2010 21:54

Hey Jules
Good to hear from you. Xmas eve didn't sound good but I'm glad you're doing well other than that. Thanks for letting me know about the chemo as I wasn't sure how he'd be. I know it probably different for everyone though. My dad doesn't really seem to want to know whats going to happen to him in hospital but I do! I can't imagine how he feels so thats up to him. I hope you continue to make good progress xx

Gem - hopefully speak soon. sent you a pm x
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » 06 Jan 2010 21:54

Hey Jules
Good to hear from you. Xmas eve didn't sound good but I'm glad you're doing well other than that. Thanks for letting me know about the chemo as I wasn't sure how he'd be. I know it probably different for everyone though. My dad doesn't really seem to want to know whats going to happen to him in hospital but I do! I can't imagine how he feels so thats up to him. I hope you continue to make good progress xx

Gem - hopefully speak soon. sent you a pm x
nigem

Post by nigem » 22 Jan 2010 20:16

Hi RebeccaHows your Dads Transplant date going? Is he still going in next week? Nick has had his next Azacytidine session delayed by 3 weeks due to low neutrophil levels (ranging from 0.2 - 0.8). He now has GCSF injections to administer himself before the next week. Surprisingly the snow didnt deter us getting to London, but others who rely on local trains had a problem!
Jules,
How are the chairobics coming on? Hope you are getting stronger again.
Gemx
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » 25 Jan 2010 21:39

Hey
My dad has had a delay in the bmt because his blasts are higher than they thought. Hi blasts are 9%. We saw prof mufti today and have decided that my dad is going to have outpatient chemo probably from monday which involves an injection everyday for 2 weeks then 2 weeks rest then 2 weeks of injections then two weeks rest! He is hoping this will bring his blasts doen to 5% or under which will be more favourable when he has the reduced intenstiy bone marrow transplant. It probably wont be until May now. If the chemo doesnt reduce his blasts then he will have to have chemo for 4 weeks at higher doses. Hopefully this wont happen. I must say I really like Kings Hospital - it has a good feel about it and prof mufti and the team are really understanding about everything. I'm so glad we went to Kings.

So Gem are you in London now? I'm guessing not. My dads neutophil was around 0.2 or bit less when he was having the azacytidine last year. Let me know how you are getting on.

Jules - hope you are still recovering well x
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » 25 Jan 2010 21:39

Hey
My dad has had a delay in the bmt because his blasts are higher than they thought. Hi blasts are 9%. We saw prof mufti today and have decided that my dad is going to have outpatient chemo probably from monday which involves an injection everyday for 2 weeks then 2 weeks rest then 2 weeks of injections then two weeks rest! He is hoping this will bring his blasts doen to 5% or under which will be more favourable when he has the reduced intenstiy bone marrow transplant. It probably wont be until May now. If the chemo doesnt reduce his blasts then he will have to have chemo for 4 weeks at higher doses. Hopefully this wont happen. I must say I really like Kings Hospital - it has a good feel about it and prof mufti and the team are really understanding about everything. I'm so glad we went to Kings.

So Gem are you in London now? I'm guessing not. My dads neutophil was around 0.2 or bit less when he was having the azacytidine last year. Let me know how you are getting on.

Jules - hope you are still recovering well x
nigem

Post by nigem » 02 Feb 2010 21:41

Hi RebeccaJust back from another week of Aza. Nick needed platelets today as they were at 12. It will be interesting to see how his 5th cycle affects his levels. If the final 2 cycles dont bring the blasts to less than 5% he will also have the outpatient chemo.
nigem

Post by nigem » 02 Feb 2010 21:41

Hi RebeccaJust back from another week of Aza. Nick needed platelets today as they were at 12. It will be interesting to see how his 5th cycle affects his levels. If the final 2 cycles dont bring the blasts to less than 5% he will also have the outpatient chemo.
jules

Post by jules » 27 Mar 2010 19:08

Hi there everyone I haven't posted for ages but am staying awake for longer times. It sounds like you are all going through it a bit I wish you all the luck and good spirits. I have had my line removed and my hair is now growing back. I am reducing the main tablet (an immune-suppressant) and feel on the home stretch now. I know there's a way to go still but am feeling very upbeat.
jules x

Return to “Stem Cell Transplants: General”