Re: MDS RCMD - Feeling quite well (65) now 66!!

Where the MDS variant falls outside of the currently known categorisation, or for those rarer variants not covered elsewhere in the forum

Moderator: Steering Committee

Andy Pandy

Re: MDS RCMD - Feeling quite well (65) now 66!!

Post by Andy Pandy » 01 Mar 2013 14:51

Hi Folks

Have been reading some of the forum posts which I do from time to time and find them very helpful. I had a checkup with my Consultant Haemotologist on 15th January 2013 and he was happy with my blood, although my neutrophils are still very low so I am subject to lots of infections. I also get quite tired on occasions so just rest and take it easy. Generally I am fine at the moment and my next appointment is in July. I have gained some weight but my skin is still a big problem with the eczema type breakouts which are very uncomfortable. The dermatologist can't seem to find any cause from biopsies taken so I just keep using the Fusibet cream and Dermol which eases the situation. I'm due to go back to them at the end of April to see the dermatologist. My next Cyprus holiday is in May so I am hoping the sun and salty sea cures my skin again as it did last year - at least it gives me some respite. My sister is in New Zealand on holiday at the moment and she met and chatted to a lady with MDS - no doubt I will hear more when she gets home. This lady drinks coconut water which she finds helpful.

Just thought I would give an update and stay in touch.

All the best to all on the Forum.

Andy Pandy
Dx AML May 2014 13% blasts, BMB Apr 2015 3% blasts and bloods very good. Azacitidine chemo

Return to “MDS Type: Unclassified and other variants”