Hb dropped

Comments, thoughts and issues on any other aspects of MDS - not covered by other folders - PLEASE CHECK before you post in this folder.

Moderator: Steering Committee

juneadams

Re: Hb dropped

Post by juneadams » 16 Aug 2011 23:16

Hi Janet & Chris
Still feeling good no hot feet yet. I am seeing Dr Killick again on the 29th Sept with a blood test a few days before, But if I start feeling bad again I will go for a blood test before then & let her know... I think 6weeks is far too long for docctor visits especially the first time when we dont know how long it lasts.
Spleen size scan is next week 25th
By the way I am finding the upside to all this I am definately loosing weight & I certainly can afford to do so (Well for a while anyway)

Coffee morning & stalls are on Sunday fingers crossed the weather will be ok

Hope all is well in your worlds

Take care June
janetstanford

Post by janetstanford » 17 Aug 2011 10:25

Hi June
glad your well and feeling good due to your transfusion a new lease of life :?: :)

yes 6 weeks seems a long time tell me June do you know what level bloods when you had transfusion and how many did you have :?:
and no hot feet how lucky are you :)

Take care oh and no running :lol: Janet
chris

Post by chris » 18 Aug 2011 20:37

Hi June

Glad you are still feeling well after your transfusion. Hope you have not been affected by the floods in Dorset but the weather forecast for Sunday isn't great in this area so hope it will be better in yours.

We shall have to compare spleen sizes after yours is done on 25th!! Am having my repeat one done tomorrow and I am hoping that the 23 cm measurement was all a ghastly mistake but somehow I don't think so!

Make sure you mention your weight loss at your next visit though I get weighed each time at my check-ups. Is this also a feature of the myelofibrosis? Hope you are still eating well though?

Yes, it seems along time to wait between appointments but if they were seeing you more frequently that would probably mean it was more serious so take comfort from that.

Hope all goes well on Sunday.

Chris
Chris. (F) Age 69 (2019). MDS diagnosed in 2008. Sub-type CMML-1 but with anomalies! Normal-ish red cells, low white cells and platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. No current treatment - active monitoring 3-
monthly.SE Essex
janetstanford

Post by janetstanford » 18 Aug 2011 20:57

Chris
Hope all is well tomorrow and it has been a mistake
and June the other message i left you is under hello and general sorry ...
:) janet