Online information about MDS

Comments, thoughts and issues on any other aspects of MDS - not covered by other folders - PLEASE CHECK before you post in this folder.

Moderator: Steering Committee

chris

Online information about MDS

Post by chris » 19 Jan 2011 17:19

Hi Everybody. Here's an idea! :idea:

If, like me, you usually go straight into the Discussion Forum, there is something you might be missing out on which I think is really, really good on the Home Page of the MDS UK Patient Support Group site. If you look at Latest Events, you will see a heading "Two events" with the symbol "Jan" next to it. If you click on "Register with the organisers" for something called webinars, you get into this fantastic site which contains lots of webcasts and "webinars" of expert haematologists giving information to MDS Patients in the USA. Too late for today but there is even an event on January 31st where you can participate and get to ask questions online. What an opportunity!!There are even some interactive modules where you can learn all about MDS yourself in your own time. There are lots of topics in the archived webcasts areas and for anybody new to this UK Patient site or to MDS it will give you lots of very good and sound information about the disease, its diagnosis and treatment options.
I have been dipping into webcasts by various speakers and found them all very enlightening and for anybody who cannot get to a UK event, this is a superb resource.

Many thanks to Sophie for posting this on the site.

Best wishes to all

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.
Bronte

Re: Online information about MDS

Post by Bronte » 21 Jan 2011 12:24

Chris,

Thanks for highlighting this information.

Return to “General Chat”