Coronavirus

Highlight and discuss any ongoing issues regarding COVID-19 topics - vaccines, PCR kits, antib0dy treatments, antibody levels, T-Cell response, SOAP trial, isolation, social distancing, masks, immune-compromised status etc). Don't hesitate to also talk about the emotional, mental, physical or financial impact of COVID-19 for you and your family.

Moderator: Steering Committee

chris

Coronavirus

Post by chris » 03 Mar 2020 15:21

Hello, fellow MDS people! Just wondering how we are all feeling about coronavirus?! I've got fairly low neutrophils so I admit I am getting a wee bit anxious. HOWEVER, on the plus side, the NHS advice that is being given (about infected people coughing and sneezing into their elbows, frequent hand-washing and self-isolating if they have symptoms) is EXACTLY how I would like others to behave all the time so I'm hoping this remains in people's memories long after the coronavirus scare is over! Fortunately, I don't have to go to work or travel much so am just trying to be sensible and deploying my usual protective strategies - wearing gloves, frequent hand-washing or alcohol gels and avoiding crowded public areas or anybody who seems to have any symptoms!

I hope you all keep well.

Best wishes

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.

Return to “COVID-19 topics”