Moderator: Steering Committee
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008 14:05
The Patient and Public Involvement Programme (PPIP) and the Centre for Health Technology Evaluation at NICE has recently advertised to recruit two lay members to the Diagnostics Advisory Committee.
The Diagnostics Advisory Committee is a new committee at NICE which will make recommendations on behalf of NICE as part of a new evaluation pathway for medical technologies.
Diagnostic technologies within the Committee's remit will include pathological tests (such as blood tests), imaging (such as X-rays), endoscopy (using an endoscope to view inside the body or to take tissue
samples) and physiological measurement. These technologies may be used in various ways including diagnosis of a disease or condition, clinical monitoring, screening, determining the urgency of any treatment, assessing the progression of a disease and consideration of risk.
Details for candidates are as follows:
* Committee members will include NHS professionals, academics and industry members as well as lay members.
* All members will need to attend regular meetings, which are held in public, and read papers which will include summaries of research evidence.
* All Committee meetings will take place in Manchester.
NICE will welcome applications from those who have:
* An understanding of the experiences, needs and issues important to patients, carers and/or the public with respect to diagnostic technologies
* Demonstrable experience of articulating patient, carer or public experiences and perspectives in the discussions of a multi-disciplinary committee
* Experience of working with research evidence together with a willingness to consider effectiveness and cost effectiveness data and make decisions (sometimes difficult ones) often in the absence of conclusive evidence
* Good communication and team working skills and willingness to communicate by email.
If you or someone you know would be interested in applying to be a lay member on the committee please follow this link for further information:
http://www.nice.org.uk/getinvolved/join ... sAdvisoryC
ommittee.jsp. On this page is a link to the role description and person specification which will provide further information on the skills NICE are looking for. Details of how to apply are also on the web page.
Please note, the closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 15 January.
Please do circulate this information to others who may be interested.
If you have any questions regarding this please contact:
Laura Norburn, Project Manager
Patient and Public Involvement Programme, NICE
Tel: 44 (0)161 870 3023 | Email: Laura.Norburn@nice.org.uk
For any queries:
Call 0207 733 7558
Please do not send me PM messages on this forum - I do not check it often.
This forum is purely for patient to patient communications. Thanks for your help.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest