Sponsered walk in Windsor in May

Details of upcoming events and fundraisers. Please add your own post - and update us about your great challenges. Thank you!

Moderator: Steering Committee

Karen

Sponsered walk in Windsor in May

Post by Karen » 29 Feb 2012 12:03

Hello

I wondered if anyone was considering this:

http://www.mdspatientsupport.org.uk/201 ... k-with-us/

I thought I might have a go at the 10K walk.

Karen x
chris

Re: Sponsered walk in Windsor in May

Post by chris » 29 Feb 2012 17:20

Hi Karen

Yes, Steve and I thought about doing the 10K. If it's on the flat it should be OK for us olds! Will have to get practising first I think or I'll suffer afterwards!!

Will check my diary!

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.
david j

Post by david j » 04 Apr 2012 18:20

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone on here who lives in London and the South East area will be attending the MDS patient forum meeting at King's College on Monday 23rd of April.

Having just been diagnosed myself,I am going to try to attend.

Kind Regards

David Jacobs
David,Age 59,MDS RCMD 2% blasts,IPSS Score 2,normal chromosomes,normal cytogenics.Diagnosed March 2012 at age 47,normal Red Cells, low White Cells & Platelets,Slightly Enlarged Spleen.No current treatment,active 4-monthly monitoring.Brighton,E.Sussex.
Karen

Post by Karen » 15 Apr 2012 16:59

Hello David

We won't be going as Dad will be away on holiday - but we did go to the last one and we found it very useful. It's a great way to meet other people discuss their MDS experiences and to hear from some of the country's top clinicians.

Karen x
Karen

Post by Karen » 15 Apr 2012 17:06

I'm going to do the 10K walk at Windsor in May.

My fundraising page is here - not that I'm not looking for sponsorship from anyone here - just thought that I'd share. It also has a link to the speech that I made back in December, when we were lucky enough to raise £1500.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/KarenMLynch

Karen x
chris

Post by chris » 18 Apr 2012 16:33

Hi Karen

Thanks for posting that and well done again on your speech. Have listened on the other site and it was really good and raised a lot of money.

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.
Sophie

Post by Sophie » 19 Apr 2012 22:51

Dear all,

many thanks for posting about the Windsor Walk.
Quick - but very serious request - if you are joining us - please do ask people to sponsor you.
We don't usually push that much for fundraising - but his year we REALLY need to.
We have started work on our nationwide survey about patient experience - which is going to involve a lot of admin time.
This project does need to be funded somehow - as the outcome will be extremely important to change how patient are dealt with and treated.

If we cannot fund the follow up of this project next year - we will need to reduce the number of patient forum events this year and next year.
We are a very small charity with reduced resources and very reduced staff.
Every little assistance helps - really!

We thank you for all your efforts - currents and future ones.

Kindest regards,
Sophie - Patient Liaison
Queries:
Call 0207 733 7558
Email info@mdspatientsupport.org.uk

Please do not send me PM messages on this forum - I do not check it often.
This forum is purely for patient to patient communications. Thanks for your help.
Karen

Post by Karen » 12 May 2012 16:16

Hello

Good luck to those of you taking part in the Windsor walk tomorrow, I might see some of you there.

Karen x
janetstanford

Post by janetstanford » 12 May 2012 17:36

Hello
Yes good luck to you all and you Karen hope you all have a great day that the weather is good and Chris hope you do not suffer toooo :( much on monday

Enjoy Janet
chris

Post by chris » 14 May 2012 10:05

Hi All

So sorry but did not make it to the walk. I had a big concert on Saturday night and 4 hours singing really takes it out of me and I could not face the early morning drive to get there! So glad to see the weather was good... finally.. and hope that all who went enjoyed it.

Chris

Return to “Events and Fundraisers”