I’m moving hooray

Please share your experience of using this particular MDS drug - sometimes referred to as "chemotherapy". If you have general questions about azacitidine, please check our website, our Patient Handbook or call us. For personal clinical queries - always discuss with your haematologist or nurse.

Moderator: Steering Committee

Goldtooth

I’m moving hooray

Post by Goldtooth » 09 Nov 2018 17:26

This is not about my MDS but it will make my life hugely more comfortable.
I’ve been on council waiting list for Sheltered Accommodation for nearly 2 years.
They have a bidding system where all bidders are assessed before the property is offered.
There is only one property in Whitstable which I would wish to live in, a small block off 22 flats. I’ve been in the building when I was a postman years ago and was very impressed. To get to the good bit, I put in a bid the week before last never thinking that I stood a chance.
I found out Thursday it’s been offered to me, of course I accepted in a flash. It just finished being decorated and the manky carpet of previous tenant has been removed. I take it over on Monday 12/11. That’s Chemo week so I can’t do anything then but I’ve rather overdone it the past week organising everything needed ie cooker fridge freezer wardrobe bedside cabinet and am out shopping with my ex wife shopping for extras. Cooker and f/f del 17/11 and carpet fitting on 20/11.
All self contained phone release entry main doors.
Flat has lounge with kitchen off, hallway bedroom with en-suite shower and wc, best part is the rent £103 pw including heating and water.
First time in twelve years that my income will be less than my outgoings.
This will add more time to my life I’m sure as the flat I’m in is cold damp and condensation and mould grows on the walls.
All this is probably of no interest to any of you, but I had to share my joy.
Best wishes to you all
Anthony
Goldtooth

Re: I’m moving hooray

Post by Goldtooth » 09 Nov 2018 17:28

Ps moving in on 30/11 between Chemo weeks so I can slow down a bit now :)
Anthony
AWOX15

Post by AWOX15 » 09 Nov 2018 21:13

Delighted for you. Wow, you are an inspiration for many of us, without the fuss that appears on other sites. Never realised your situation and though it doesn’t matter I really admire your grit and determination.
Enjoy your new home and you now have somewhere warm and comfortable to spend your time.
Good luck with your continuing treatment!
christina

Post by christina » 15 Nov 2018 14:09

Great to hear some nice positive news and can tell how happy you are, I wish you all the very best and am so pleased you will be warm and comfortable this winter, enjoy it all and keep well Christina

Return to “MDS Treatment: Azacitidine/Vidaza”