CMML-F (fibrosis)

Chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia (CMML) is a rare type of blood cancer. In CMML there are too many monocytes in the blood. Monocytes are a type of white blood cell.

Moderator: Steering Committee

MollyP

CMML-F (fibrosis)

Post by MollyP » 05 Jan 2019 23:14

So our watch and wait days are over. Hubby's CMML has gone off on a tangent to CMML-F. This was what the raised LDH levels we couldn't get to the bottom of this past year or so.
We are fortunate that there is something that can be done and hopefully that will help stall things.
69 yrs hubby - CMML 1 dx Feb 2013
raised Monocytes was watch and wait
Nov 13 hydroxycarbamide.
Jan 14 blood OK back on w&w
Jan 19 disease advancement to CMML-F (fibrosis)
chris

Re: CMML-F (fibrosis)

Post by chris » 08 Jan 2019 13:51

Hi Molly

Goodness. Never heard of CMML-F! Are you saying that there is treatment for it? And what that might be? This flippin' disease keeps everybody guessing to know which way it's going to go.

I hope that whatever the treatment, it is positive and without any horrid side effects.

I've been so involved with 3 granddaughters and the allotment that I've rather neglected this Forum!

Hope you've been enjoying life despite the question marks over your husband's CMML issues?

Take care

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.

Return to “CMML”