Hi, new member..need friends

Chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia (CMML) is a rare type of blood cancer. In CMML there are too many monocytes in the blood. Monocytes are a type of white blood cell.

Moderator: Steering Committee

Nay

Hi, new member..need friends

Post by Nay » 14 Jan 2015 16:27

Hi, I was diagnosed in 2009 with CMML (t 5:12). It's been a long journey but I'm doing well on glivec and still in remission. It's just a lonely road and feel alienated. No questions can be answered as not many younger people with this. I just wanted to say hi and hope I can make some friends on here :)) xxx
Nay

Re: Hi, new member..need friends

Post by Nay » 14 Jan 2015 17:14

and I'm age 33, with 2 children age 7 and 12 xx
Sophie

Post by Sophie » 14 Jan 2015 18:00

Hello Nay - and welcome to our online forum.
If you have not done so already, do please contact us on our main office number 0207 733 7558 - so we can include you on our distribution list and invite you to various events.
We will need your full name and address.
Not everyone uses the online forum - so we may know of additional people we can put you in touch with.
Also - do check our Facebook MDS Community page - where we now have over 100 people registered - and our general Facebook page - with over 800 people connected.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Warmest regards,
Sophie - Patient Liaison
Queries:
Call 0207 733 7558
Email info@mdspatientsupport.org.uk

Please do not send me PM messages on this forum - I do not check it often.
This forum is purely for patient to patient communications. Thanks for your help.
Russell

Post by Russell » 20 Jan 2015 20:59

Hi Nay

Sorry to hear you feel you're on your own. There's a lot of support both here and on the Facebook page and despite this disease being prevalent in older people we do have some 'youngsters' too - some of them have gone to run Marathon's, so not all bad. Say hello on the FB page (I'm on that quite a lot.......) and if you need help just let us all know.

Russell
Age 55
RCMD 2009 at age 49
1x MUD BMT 2010
1x MUD SCT 2010
1x Haplo Transplant 2010
4 Marathons
and
4 other Half Marathons, a 10 miler and a Spartan Race!
Nay

Post by Nay » 21 Jan 2015 10:54

Thankyou everyone. I've achieved a lot too and did a parachute jump not long ago to raise funds for Anthony Nolan :) so I'm coping with what I have I just need someone to have a moan to every now n then ...and to be there for them too. I'm very lucky and come a long way so feel I've got the experience for the newbies out there. Lots o love nay xxx

Return to “CMML”