CMML now advanced to AML

Chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia (CMML) is a rare type of blood cancer. In CMML there are too many monocytes in the blood. Monocytes are a type of white blood cell.

Moderator: Steering Committee

Peterh17

Re: CMML now advanced to AML

Post by Peterh17 » 12 Sep 2014 12:22

Since my last post things have gone really well. I received a stem cell transplant in March 2014 and am now in full remission. Things are still being monitored and my bloods are now recovering.
Have had a number of setbacks but none too serious. CVM put me in hospital again for about 4 weeks and I recently had a Hickman line bacterial infection which gave me another 4 days in my local hospital.
My chimerisms are being investigated as they are not quite right and my donor has made a donation of lymphocytes just in case I need them. Everything I have been through since the transplant I have found in the Anthony Nolan Trust book - Next 7 Steps. If you haven't got a copy, get one from your hospital. It is brilliant.
MollyP

Post by MollyP » 12 Sep 2014 22:33

Hi Peter, I am so pleased you are doing so well, long may it continue.
Molly
Xxx
69 yrs hubby - CMML 1 dx Feb 2013
raised Monocytes was watch and wait
Nov 13 hydroxycarbamide.
Jan 14 blood OK back on w&w
Jan 19 disease advancement to CMML-F (fibrosis)
chris

Post by chris » 25 Sep 2014 22:32

Hi Peter

Good to hear your good news and I hope the chimerism situation soon starts to show improvement. It must all take a lot of patience but you are in good hands. Take care.

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.

Return to “CMML”