Sussex/Brighton group - Chat area

A place to advertise your regional meetings, get togethers, formal or informal - so that others can find you - and you can post updates.

Moderator: Steering Committee

Sophie

Sussex/Brighton group - Chat area

Post by Sophie » 06 Jun 2013 13:25

Dear all,
please post your thoughts or feedback or comments on the Sussex/Brighton meetings here.
Or just hello messages to other Sussex members.

Thanks
Sophie - Patient Liaison
Queries:
Call 0207 733 7558
Email info@mdspatientsupport.org.uk

Please do not send me PM messages on this forum - I do not check it often.
This forum is purely for patient to patient communications. Thanks for your help.
christina

Re: Sussex/Brighton group - Chat area

Post by christina » 06 Jun 2013 16:37

It was so nice to meet such a friendly bunch of people and to swop experiences, we were all at different stages and some on different medication and yet had lots in common, although I went with my husband would be happy to attend again on my own. I think there is so much more to explore and being able to voice our concerns and share our problems could be very helpfull for us, many thanks to Sam and the nurses for giving us thier time. Tina (Christina)
david j

Post by david j » 06 Jun 2013 20:22

Hi Christina

Yes I agree.It was good to share experiences at the 2nd Brighton meeting.Very helpful to meet people in a similar situation.
Many thanks to everybody who came and organisers Lynn Hale and Alison Parker and Brighton Haematology nurses Sam and Katie for chairing the meeting.

See you all at the next one in a couple of months.

Take Care

David
David,Age 59,MDS RCMD 2% blasts,IPSS Score 2,normal chromosomes,normal cytogenics.Diagnosed March 2012 at age 47,normal Red Cells, low White Cells & Platelets,Slightly Enlarged Spleen.No current treatment,active 4-monthly monitoring.Brighton,E.Sussex.
Sophie

Post by Sophie » 26 Aug 2014 16:37

Kent people - and Brighton people,
we have the wife of a patient who would like to get in touch with people in your areas - but is not yet comfortable using the message forum.
Her and her husband live in East Sussex.
They will try to attend the next Brighton group - and would also try the Kent group - one we can get a new date set up.
Currently, the patient willing to run the Kent meetings is not well enough to do so.

Please contact us if you'd like to get in touch with her.
We'll also try to teach her the basic of this forum - so she can use it by herself.

Thank you,
Sophie - Patient Liaison
Queries:
Call 0207 733 7558
Email info@mdspatientsupport.org.uk

Please do not send me PM messages on this forum - I do not check it often.
This forum is purely for patient to patient communications. Thanks for your help.

Return to “Regional Meeting Groups”