Hello, I'm back again.

Moderator: Steering Committee

Devjon

Re: Hello, I'm back again.

Post by Devjon » 24 Jul 2022 14:54

Had a bit more energy today so headed out with my wife for a short run. The weather is kinder with a nice cooling breeze, our route took us along a trailway and on to an old Roman road. It was a bit of a slog as the route rises gently at first and then gets steeper, we both made it to the top of the hill without needing to walk. On our way back we detoured into a small local " Pocket Park " It has a " Lost Pond " that had been hiding in plain sight, as over the years it had become overgrown. We noticed that there was a large mound of freshly disturbed sandy soil, closer inspection revealed a new Badgers Sett. It was really rewarding to be out in the greenery. Time to relax for the rest of the day, feet up and watch the last day of the TDF 🚴‍♀️
RUSE7

Post by RUSE7 » 25 Jul 2022 10:19

Badgers! Amazing. You're lucky to live so close to wildlife. The best I can do is check out the petting zoo at the local park.
Wasn't the TDF the best one in years. Amazing completion between Vingegaard and Pogacar. Must say I was quite happy with the result. While Tadej seems like a nice guy, it's probably been a good experience for him to realise he's not infallible. I'm in withdrawal now it's finished. I think we'll watch the women's tour which is on this week. First time they've run it in 30 years. It will be good to see how they do.
Great that your run went well. A great achievement! Keep it up.
Ronnie
RUSE7

Post by RUSE7 » 14 Aug 2022 20:02

MSPH9 wrote: 14 Aug 2022 17:41 Hi everyone

Good to hear how you are all doing.

Unfortunately I missed the first 15 minutes of the Zoom meeting on how to use the Forum on Friday, so I have fallen at the first hurdle - an attempt to find out how to post a new thread on lenalidomide. I think I have pressed every icon to no avail. 🙄

Anyway by way of introduction, I was diagnosed June 2019 (del 5q subtype) and was on watch and wait until last summer when I had a trial of EPO for about 6 months without any sustained improvement in my haemoglobin level. In February 2022 I was started on Lenalidomide which has had a positive effect so far, although I did need 2 units of blood in the early stages. I am interested to hear from other folk on Lenalalidomide about their experiences.

I live in rural Perthshire and am the Patient Support Ambassador for Scotland. Rather a grandiose title for what I have done so far - mainly running a few Zoom meetings with much help and support from Chris and Claudia.

I am lucky to have few symptoms and plenty of energy. I have been enjoying swimming in a local river - cycling there and back (5 miles) usually at least once a day and often (like today) twice. I enjoy walking and e biking and we are lucky to be surrounded by lovely countryside.

That’ll do for now. Need to try to remember how to do the wee bio summary that Chris has in purple at the bottom of her post.

Cheers
Mo
Hi Mo,
Great that you have made a post! I'll move it into the Lenalidomide folder so that people can reference it there. I don't have any experience with lenalidomide myself, but am sure there are lost of people who will be interested in your experience with it. Can you tell us how it's administered, how often and if you have any side effects from it?
Cheers, Ronnie

Return to “Say hello”