MDS and Altzeihmers Disease

Comments, thoughts and issues on any other aspects of MDS - not covered by other folders - PLEASE CHECK before you post in this folder.

Moderator: Steering Committee

melionen

Re: MDS and Altzeihmers Disease

Post by melionen » 07 Jul 2013 22:56

Hi Jeanette. I am very sorry to hear about you dad. I am one of the lucky ones who have survived this retched disease. i was only 37 when I was diagnosed with mds given 4 years to live but managed to pull through I am 47 now and have been able to build my life up again. I am sorry for your loss but giving the ripe old age of your father and his symptoms worsening the consultant was doing the right thing and it was the best thing for your dad. i hope you have managed to find some comfort from my words and remember with charity donations from people like your son the research being done is progressing closer everyday to finding the cure...be at peace and kind regards,
Martin.
Sarah Reakes

Re: MDS and Altzeihmers Disease

Post by Sarah Reakes » 15 Jul 2013 23:49

Dear Jeanette,

I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing and I know it was doubly hard for you and your brother that he had this disease on top of his Alzheimer's. He was lucky however, to have had such a caring daughter, son and family to support him and thankfully, he is at peace now.

My sincere condolences to you and your family at this sad time.

Sarah
Aged 62. Diagnosed with MDS 5q-, June 2011 & been on Wait and Watch regime On 25/11/14 told disease had progressed to High Risk with 15-20% blasts. Starting Intense Chemotherapy on 20/1/15 prior to SCT. Live in Yatton near Bristol/Clevedon.

Return to “General Chat”