Time displayed on Discussion Forum

Please post any problems you find in using the forum here

Moderator: Steering Committee

chris

Time displayed on Discussion Forum

Post by chris » 19 Jul 2012 09:23

Hi

Not sure if it's me but the time on the Forum seems to be an hour behind - says 8.21 when it's 9.21!

Any ideas?

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.
david j

Re: Time displayed on Discussion Forum

Post by david j » 20 Jul 2012 10:30

Hi Chris

You need to go in to the user control panel,select board preferences on left hand side,then select summer time and make sure it is highlighted on 'Yes'.

I did this the other day as it was showing the wrong time on my log in.It is now correct.

Hope this helps

Regards

David
David,Age 59,MDS RCMD 2% blasts,IPSS Score 2,normal chromosomes,normal cytogenics.Diagnosed March 2012 at age 47,normal Red Cells, low White Cells & Platelets,Slightly Enlarged Spleen.No current treatment,active 4-monthly monitoring.Brighton,E.Sussex.
chris

Post by chris » 20 Jul 2012 17:29

Hi David

Brilliant! Thanks very much! Sorted! And the worst thing is that I'm sure I have done this before and forgotten!!!

Hope you well? Nothing to do with the time clock but I think my jolly old spleen is getting bigger but have to wait until next month for a scan! It's currently 18.5 cm. Do you know what yours measures?

We have similar profiles except I am CMML as my monocytes are over 1 most of the time. Presumably when they are not I am RCMD!

Best wishes

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.
david j

Post by david j » 20 Jul 2012 19:47

Hi Chris

I am doing okay.I have now got over the initial shock of my diagnosis but i still worry about what might happen a few years down the line if and when my MDS decides to kick-off and progress,but i try not to think about it.
I am told that my spleen is 14.5cm (according to the last CT scan i had last December) and my liver is normal size.They haven't said when they plan to scan again but they do a physical examination at each check up and say that they cannot feel any further enlargement of the spleen.Although,i have been getting a little pain from time to time in that area,especially after a large meal.I will mention that to my consultant on my next check up which is at my local hospital at the end of this month.

My last check up at King's a month ago,my low counts were stable as they have been for a few years.Platelets 98,neuts 1.6,up from the previous time of 1.2 ! white blood count 2.7. Haemoglobin is still normal at 13.9. All other counts in normal range.

I am under joint care from my local hospital and King's.Have to go to King's every 3 months and my local hospital the 6 weeks in between.

I would have attended the patient support meeting at King's yesterday but didn't find out about it until a couple of days before so it was too short notice to book the time off work.I attended the last one in April and found it very helpful to meet other people in a similar situation.I have been visiting the online forum regularly but hadn't visited the events area on the website for a while so that's why I didn't find out about the meeting soon enough.Not happy that I missed it! I will try not to miss the next one.

Hope you are also doing okay.

Regards

David.
David,Age 59,MDS RCMD 2% blasts,IPSS Score 2,normal chromosomes,normal cytogenics.Diagnosed March 2012 at age 47,normal Red Cells, low White Cells & Platelets,Slightly Enlarged Spleen.No current treatment,active 4-monthly monitoring.Brighton,E.Sussex.

Return to “Problems using the forum”