Delay in posts appearing

Please post any problems you find in using the forum here

Moderator: Steering Committee

chris

Delay in posts appearing

Post by chris » 24 Oct 2010 12:47

Hi Sophie

There seem to have been several posts which have only just appeared this weekend (23rd october) but which are dated from September and early October. Is there another technical problem with the site - only I visit regularly and there has not been much Forum activity and if people posting do not get a prompt response from other patients/ family they will stop posting and visiting the Forum!!!

Best wishes

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.
Paul

Re: Delay in posts appearing

Post by Paul » 25 Oct 2010 12:43

Hello Chris.

Sorry I could not stay for the afternoon session at The Royal Lancaster.

Do keep in touch.

Regards

Paul
Sophie

Post by Sophie » 28 Oct 2010 18:07

Hello - yes I am now aware of these problems and had asked the web people to look into it urgently last week.
I have not had a satisfactory reply yet from them.
Apologies for this - as I had not been made aware of certain issues by the webmanagers.
I am expecting them to fix this asap.
Thanks
Sophie
Sophie - Patient Liaison
Queries:
Call 0207 733 7558
Email info@mdspatientsupport.org.uk

Please do not send me PM messages on this forum - I do not check it often.
This forum is purely for patient to patient communications. Thanks for your help.
chris

Post by chris » 29 Oct 2010 22:15

Hi Sophie

Thanks again. I also notice that when I post a Private Message, it sits in my Outbox sometimes for days and does not appear in the Sent items for quite a while so I'm not sure if it has actually been sent to the recipient. I did e-mail Alex about this on 31st July but didn't get a reply?

Sorry to be such a moaner but it really does put people off participating on the Forum if they can't get immediate responses to posts / private messages. You work so hard at the Patient Forums and through your role to get people interested and it seems a shame if it isn't doing what it is suposed to do. I'm sure we have the technology!! It's just the people...........

Best wishes

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.

Return to “Problems using the forum”