- This event has passed.
The National Cancer Research Institute is offering a free virtual event on Thursday, 11 February 2021 from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm on the impact of the Brexit deal on cancer research and innovation.
- Chair: Professor Pamela Kearns, The University of Birmingham, UK
- Speaker(s): Dr Sheuli Porkess, Professor Richard Sullivan, Mr Emlyn Samuel and Mr Jim Elliott
Having left the EU during a global pandemic with a deal, the research and innovation landscape in the UK is set to change.
Speakers will address challenges and opportunities and suggest what needs to happen to allow the UK to remain at the forefront of cancer research.
Participants will get a better understanding of the current situation with regards to EU funding, grants and alternative research funding schemes. They will hear about current challenges and opportunities and learn what can be done to address them.
Following the session, participants will have a clearer understanding of the changes and the choices to make to continue to attract funding and be successful in international collaborations.
The following speakers will address challenges and opportunities, and suggest what needs to happen to allow the UK to remain at the forefront of cancer research:
- Dr Sheuli Porkess - Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry
- Professor Richard Sullivan - King's College London
- Mr Emlyn Samuel - Cancer Research UK
- Mr Jim Elliott - NCRI Consumer Forum