- This event has passed.
This Sunday 800 runners will be taking part in The Turks Head 10k Fun Run which is celebrating it's 10th year! The race takes place in Twickenham at 10.00am on 12th June.
This year £1 from every entry will be given to MDS UK!
- Race start time: 10AM
- Race Village area: Come and mingle in our Village area in Orleans Gardens (TW1 2NL) - This is the grassy area (Orleans Gardens) to the right of the swings, next to the cafe, by the river in Marble Hill Park. From there runners will be taken down to outside the White Swan pub where the race actually starts at 10am (The White Swan Pub, Riverside, Twickenham, Surrey TW1 3DN).
- Finish Line: In the Race Village in Marble Hill Park next to the playground and café.
(Please note the race is now sold out, but you could come and enjoy the party/prize giving in The Turks Head Pub after - BBQ, live band, face painting and lots of London Pride! See below.)
The Turks Head 10k fun run
Good luck to Sophie Mair who's running The Turks Head 10k for MDS!
Please help Sophie reach her fundraising target by donating via her JustGiving page
HUGE THANKS to Sophie from all of us at MDS UK. Your support is so appreciated and we can't wait to hear about your race!
The beautiful route passes along Twickenham Riverside, briefly touching on Twickenham and Strawberry Vale. Runners then join the Thames towpath passing over Teddington Lock Bridge, Ham House, Petersham Fields and Richmond Upon Thames.
And this is not just a race, it’s a one day party!
It is a truly fun day, with a terrific atmosphere. Starting with the run it ends in the pub with music, bbq and lots of FUN!
- The BBQ and post race reception is being held at The Turks Head,(28 Winchester Rd, St Margarets, Twickenham TW1 1LF)
- Prize Giving is at 12.45/1pm, then Live Music with Roland Rock at 1.15pm. There will also be free face painting for children and ice cream available to buy.
- Every year a local inspirational hero is chosen to open the race. This year Hugh Brasher, Event Director of The London Marathon, will start the race.
- For more information visit the Bearcat Running Club - Turks Head 10k website
Turks Head 10k BBQ - photo by Ralph Bye
Turks Head 10k Fun Run race is thanks to our wonderful supporter and Patron, Caitlin Limmer, and the Bearcat Running Club. As ever - we hugely thank Caitlin - and also all her Bearcat Runners - who have helped MDS UK in so many ways over the years.