- This event has passed.
MDS UK Patient and Family Forum
Free Whole Day Event (lunch included) - Harrogate, UK
When: Friday 22nd March, 2019 10.00 am – 16.40 pm
Where: Crown Hotel Harrogate, Crown Place, Harrogate North Yorkshire, HG1 2RZ
This meeting is free of charge and open to MDS patients and their guests. Lunch will be served.
The day includes presentations by MDS experts, guest speakers and patients on topics of clinical trials, new therapy options, including opportunities to ask questions and meet fellow patients, in our Quality-of-life session – Living with MDS.
*** 10.00am Registration opens - Tea/Coffee - Book your questions opportunity ***
- 10.20 Welcome and introductions, S. Wintrich, MDS UK - 5min Patient Speaker: “Making sense of information after diagnosis” - 5min
- 10.30 What is MDS & current treatment options – with 10min Q&A
Prof David Bowen, Consultant Haematologist, St. James's Institute of Oncology, Leeds
- 11.10 New advances in MDS and emerging treatment options – 25min
Dr Catherine Cargo, Consultant in Clinical Haematology, St. James's Institute of Oncology, Leeds
- 11.35 Research, trials and projects in MDS 45min + 10min Q&A
Dr Simone Green, Consultant Haematologist, Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals
Patient input for design & revision of clinical trial documentation – Patient Claudia Richards
EU MDS Project, Catherine Langton, Myeloid Research Nurse, St. James's Institute of Oncology, Leeds
*** Approx 12.30 – 13.30 Lunch ***
- 13.30 Patient Forum Discussion – Living with MDS Session - 90min CNS, Leeds; S. Wintrich, MDS UK
Patient speakers – “Coming to terms with MDS”
*** 15.00 -15.15 Grab a tea/coffee/biscuit - mini break ***
- 15.15 Specialist sessions (45min split workshop groups):
BMT - YES: What you need to know and can expect regarding a stem cell transplantDr Anjum Khan, St. James's Institute of Oncology, Leeds; Patient Speaker
BMT - NOT for me: Options for those who cannot undergo a transplant, or opted against one
Prof David Bowen, Consultant Haematologist, St. James's Institute of Oncology, Leeds; Patient Speaker
- 16.00 MDS UK activities & Next steps for the region - 40min MDS local groups, S Wintrich, Regional Coordinators, Patient and carers Creation of a Yorkshire Local Group
- 16.40 – End of sessions
Please help us improve by filling out the feedback form in your packs!
For help, information, patient packs, or to become a MDS UK member: Tel 020 7733 7558 or email@example.com