Become an MDS Ambassador
Could you help make a difference to MDS patients?
We are recruiting a team of MDS Ambassadors to help promote and co-ordinate the work of MDS UK in their local area.
As an MDS Ambassador you could help us take our aims forward to the next level! An Ambassador could be somebody who has MDS, or a friend or family member of somebody with MDS.
The ways in which Ambassadors help are varied and we would expect people to do only as much as they can. Here are just a few examples of possible MDS Ambassador roles:
MDS Patient Engagement Ambassador
- Help with proofreading MDS UK information materials
- Help with proofreading and commenting on patient information for clinical trials
- Be prepared to train to speak or give written input as an expert patient
MDS Local Patient Support Ambassador
- Publicise regional MDS UK support group meetings and national forums.
- Encourage people with MDS and their families to attend.
- Operate a local “Buddy” system with group coffee get-togethers, e-mail groups or 1-1 phone/face-to-face chats.
- Coordinate local meetings.
MDS Local Awareness Ambassador
- Respond to MDS posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or the MDS Forum on the MDS UK website.
- Write to your MP and tell them about MDS and how it affects you, highlighting any issues you have experienced in accessing treatment and care.
- Contact local media outlets with information on MDS at key times such as MDS World Awareness Day and Blood Cancer Awareness Month.
MDS Local Fundraising Ambassador
- Assist the MDS Fundraising & Communications Officer with recruiting, supporting and motivating local fundraisers.
Could you be an MDS Ambassador?
Without the support of more volunteers across the country, we simply cannot do all the vital work needed to keep our charity fulfilling its aims of informing and supporting people affected by MDS.
Interested in finding out more? Please send us details of your skills and experience, why you would like to volunteer, and a little about yourself. We can then arrange an informal chat about what is involved in becoming an MDS UK Ambassador.
Give us a call!
Phone: 07957 598822 / 01702 478244