If you have MDS, or someone in your family has MDS, you're in the right place for expert advice
On first diagnosis, I was distraught but the contact with MDS UK and other patients has given me a really positive outlook.
MDS UK support group are the only people that have explained anything to me
I have felt far less "alone" with my MDS since accessing the support group…
These are real testimonials from our members and they are the reason why MDS UK Patient Support Group exists.
We are a small charity born in 2008 to raise awareness of MDS, offer support and information to patients and families and campaign to increase the quality of life and make treatments available to those affected by Myelodysplastic Syndromes.
How do we do it?
- If you are suffering from MDS we will put you in touch with fellow patients who may share their experience with you.
- We can also provide you with access to a list of UK consultants, specialising in MDS at specialist centres.
- You can contact us and receive help and advice by telephone 5 days a week
- You can join our national patient information meetings with specialist speakers or attend our small regional support group meetings, to meet informally and hear from local consultants and nurses.
- You can also request our information material and access our website, which provides the most updated information on MDS, patient stories and current research.