The UK MDS Forum petition was delivered to Downing Street
on Monday 17th May 2010 at 1pm, by representatives of the UK MDS Forum The MDS Foundation and the MDS UK Patient Support Group.
By Monday morning 10am we had collected 688 signatures.
(L-R) Janet Hayden, Myeloid Clinical Nurse Specialist, Kings College Hospital
Professor Rodney Taylor, MDS Patient and Deputy Chairman of MDS UK Patient Support Group
Sophie Wintrich, Patient Liaison at the MDS Foundation
Dr Samir Agrawal, Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Hematology, Barts and the London NHS Trust and representative from UK MDS Forum who led the petition.
More photos will be made available on our Facebook Page
Our campaign to appeal the negative decision NICE decision on Azacitidine has gained media coverage:
- ‘Cancer specialists appeal to NICE over Vidaza’ – Pharmaceutical Field
- 28/05/2010 – ‘Cancer experts from across Europe call for expensive cancer drug on NHS’ – Daily Telegraph
- 17/05/2010 – ‘Petition calling for cancer drug Vidaza to be made available on the NHS presented to new UK Prime Minister’ – Pharma Letter
- ‘BONE-MARROW DISEASE PATIENTS’ PLEA FOR LIFE-EXTENDING DRUG’ -Community Newswire
- 17/05/2010 – ‘Petition on Vidaza presented to No 10′ – PM Live
- 17/05/2010 – ‘MDS groups petition PM over Vidaza’ – PharmaJobs
- 04/03/2010 – MDS Patient Support on BBC Radio 4 – Transcript
- 23/03/2010 – ‘Cancer groups challenge NICE ruling on Vidaza drug’ – BBC News
- 23/03/2010 – ‘Cancer support groups appeal ban of bone marrow disorder drug on NHS’ – Daily Mail Online
- 27/03/2010 ‘A new bone marrow drug alternative to chemotherapy is saving my life. So why has it been rejected by NICE?’ – Mail On Sunday