New diagnosis

Moderator: Steering Committee

red

Re: New diagnosis

Post by red » 06 Jun 2014 17:15

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the information. I do eat the Yeo Valley yogurt.
I've just been to pick up my swab results - they say no Thrush????????????? If it's not Thrush what the heck is it. It has started to get better after my GP put me on anti Thrush treatment. On Monday I am going to a centre of excellence for my Epidermolysis Bulloosa (I have the Simplex Dowling Meara form) and I will have a word with my Dermatologist. The Surgeon who took the biopsies has discharged me as it's not cancerous and has suggested that the problem may be EB related and referred me back to Dermatology. I still have raw patches on the vulva. The local Dermatologist was the one who referred me to the Gynaecological oncologist to do the biopsies she refused to give me treatment until the biopsy results came back, which I can understand, and I have an appointment with her in 4 weeks time. I went to my GP because I was so uncomfortable and she put me on two very high doses of antibiotics and thrush treatmentand I've been told to finish the antibiotics course even though the swabs have come back negative, and to continue with Canesten for a week after the Thrush (?) symptoms disappear. Fingers crossed someone comes up with a solution. I'm fed up of being so sore and itchy. Once more sorry for the moaning.
Winnie (red)
Red widow aged 70. MDS -20Q+t(1,9) diagnosed June 2013 on watch and wait. Lives in Somerset

Life is for living
chris

Post by chris » 10 Jun 2014 20:46

Hi Winnie

I have posted you a private message so please check your e-mails! It should go to the address you ahve registerd on this forum with.
Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.
red

Post by red » 11 Jun 2014 12:23

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your email. How do I send a private message back to you?
Thanks for all your help.
Winnie
Red widow aged 70. MDS -20Q+t(1,9) diagnosed June 2013 on watch and wait. Lives in Somerset

Life is for living
JoannaM

Post by JoannaM » 25 Jun 2014 17:33

Hi Chris,
Many thanks for your reply. I am glad I found out by chance by volunteering for a Health project but have been surprised by the response of some friends. They suggested I would have carried on without knowing & living normally( which I am doing anyway!) & would not have had the worry. I feel the opposite & am glad to know early & therefore to take any decisions when they arise.
I was interested in your reply to Winnie about the yogurts. My Clinical Nurse has advised against the Live or Probiotic types!!
Hope all is well with you at present.
Joanna

Return to “Say hello”