CMML Any one out there,

Chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia (CMML) is a rare type of blood cancer. In CMML there are too many monocytes in the blood. Monocytes are a type of white blood cell.

Moderator: Steering Committee

dinace1

Re: CMML Any one out there,

Post by dinace1 » 21 Nov 2011 00:44

I just wanted to let you know that mum lost her fight with CMML and passed away Wednesday 16th November. The drug Azacitidine just stopped working, her white blood count shot through the roof, she eventually developed Pnemonia. Within 7 days my dear mum was gone. I am devastated...
janetstanford

Post by janetstanford » 21 Nov 2011 11:21

I am so sorry my sympathy to you and your family at this sad time ...Janet
chris

Post by chris » 21 Nov 2011 12:00

Dear Denine

I am so sorry to hear this sad news of your mother. You worked so hard to ensure that your Mum got the very best treatment that was available and you were clearly a loving and supportive daughter to her throughout her difficult illness.

Please accept my sympathy for you and your family at such a sad time.

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.
Jayne

Post by Jayne » 22 Nov 2011 10:10

Hi Denine

I am truly sorry to hear your Mum has passed away. It is very sad news and my heart goes out to you.

When you feel ready, read a book called the Angels of 9 11. It might help you.

Jayne
x (I wanted a hug icon, but there isn't one)
Jayne
Feb 2011 MDS RCMD. Jan 2012 RAEB.
Feb 2012 - 2 lots of chemo each 4-6 weeks in hospital to destroy leukaemic cells resulting in remission from AML.
July 6 2012 - Stem cell transplant
Doing very well, feel great
Age 43.
Sarah Reakes

Post by Sarah Reakes » 22 Nov 2011 21:33

Dear Denine,

Have just returned to this Forum after some time of absence for various reasons and I was so sorry to read your very sad news that your dear Mum has lost her bravely fought battle. You have clearly been such a great source of strength to your Mum and those of us who have already lost loved ones will know the pain you must be feeling right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sarah Reakes xx
Aged 62. Diagnosed with MDS 5q-, June 2011 & been on Wait and Watch regime On 25/11/14 told disease had progressed to High Risk with 15-20% blasts. Starting Intense Chemotherapy on 20/1/15 prior to SCT. Live in Yatton near Bristol/Clevedon.
dinace1

Post by dinace1 » 24 Nov 2011 01:15

Thank you all for your kind words. Mum's funeral is this Friday, it's been a week since she passed away, keep wishing it was a dream and I'd wake up and she'd be here, but alas it's not a dream. I have to be strong for Dad, he's in his 80's, bless him, he's not coping too well.
This forum has helped me so much since mum was diagnosed with CMML, I am so glad I found you all.
Stay safe everyone
love
Denine
janetstanford

Post by janetstanford » 24 Nov 2011 18:24

I am sure tomorrow that you will be as strong for your dad as you have been for both of them through out your mams illness and i know there will Chris Jayne me and others on the forum who will be there for you in thought i do hope this will bring you some comfort and help keep you strong at this very sad time
We are here should you need us Janet x
Mollie

Re: CMML azciatidine injections

Post by Mollie » 22 May 2017 16:01

Hi

I am having Aza injections for five days every 21 days, I have a bad reaction on my arms and legs each time with very painful blistering. Has anyone else experienced this and is there something that could help with the pain or stop it happening most things hospital have tried doesn't work ........Mollie

Return to “CMML”