In honour of my courageous wife Theresa

Post here for any general stem cell transplant related issues

Moderator: Steering Committee

AlanF

In honour of my courageous wife Theresa

Post by AlanF » 04 Nov 2014 12:39

It is with regret I have to advise that my wife Theresa sadly passed away on 13th August this year. Her SCT was a mismatched 9/10 French donor and after several complications she appeared to be making progress and left hospital after day +42. She had 17 days of sheer bliss and was then readmitted to the BRI on the 30th July with a temperature of 40.2. She had contracted a lung infection (still not defined) which caused a pneumonia of savage proportion. Despite everything they threw at her she could not fight off this final straw. We all miss her so deeply, a wonderful wife mother and nanny taken at the tender age of 55.
Many thanks to all who posted comments I wish you all good fortune in your battles
Alan
janbev

Re: In honour of my courageous wife Theresa

Post by janbev » 06 Nov 2014 11:18

Dear Alan,

Our sincere condolences to you and your family on your loss. There is nothing we can say or do to make things easier for you but know that our thoughts are with you as I am sure are those of all of the members of this site.

sincerely
Janet & Bev
Janet N - Husband diagnosed with RCMD July 2013. On watch & wait. Low neutrophils, low white blood cells. At present on 6 monthly hospital check ups
chris

Re: In honour of my courageous wife Theresa

Post by chris » 12 Nov 2014 12:06

Dear Alan

I am so sorry to hear that Teresa had died following her stem cell transplant. It is such a risky process but when there is no other alternative it's something many of us with MDS will have to contemplate at some point. From what you had shared with us on this Forum, it is clear that you were always so supportive and caring of Theresa as the disease wreaked havoc on both your working lives and your family life. I hope your family can take comfort from each other at this very sad time.

With my condolences and best wishes for the future

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.

Return to “Stem Cell Transplants: General”