Happy New Year

Moderator: Steering Committee

janbev

Happy New Year

Post by janbev » 01 Jan 2015 22:26

Happy New Year to everyone. Lets hope this coming year will see advances for all patients in their treatment.
Today is for us not a good start to the year as Bev has been admitted to hospital with Sepsis. Good news is that the youngish doctor in A&E knew about MDS and also knew what to look for and how to treat him, then both the ward doctor and the consultant (not from haematology - none available today) also knew about MDS and the staff nurse did too. It seems that some medical staff are beginning to be educated re MDS. The young trainee nurse was bright enough to look it up on the internet and to print off information for further study. When I left Bev tonight his temperature was going down slowly on medication (half hour earlier it had been 39.3! and have just rung and been told it is now down to 38. So I can sleep tonight. Hopefully tomorrow someone on haematology will be on duty to see him.
Janet N - Husband diagnosed with RCMD July 2013. On watch & wait. Low neutrophils, low white blood cells. At present on 6 monthly hospital check ups
Scubadude

Re: Happy New Year

Post by Scubadude » 01 Jan 2015 22:28

Happy new year to you too and best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.
Diagnosed with MDS (RCMD) in Dec 2014.
Fingers crossed for a transplant soon.
janbev

Post by janbev » 01 Jan 2015 22:33

Thanks Ian. I have one other piece of good news - the consultant at our local hospital has written to Proffessor Mufti to ask him if he would see Bev so I have everything crossed that he will agree.
Janet N - Husband diagnosed with RCMD July 2013. On watch & wait. Low neutrophils, low white blood cells. At present on 6 monthly hospital check ups
MollyP

Post by MollyP » 05 Jan 2015 18:04

Happy New Year, and wishing you and Bev good health. Prof Mufti is a lovely man, hope you don't have to wait too long for an appointment.
Molly
Xxxxx
69 yrs hubby - CMML 1 dx Feb 2013
raised Monocytes was watch and wait
Nov 13 hydroxycarbamide.
Jan 14 blood OK back on w&w
Jan 19 disease advancement to CMML-F (fibrosis)

Return to “Say hello”