Newly Diagnosed

Moderator: Steering Committee

chris

Re: Newly Diagnosed

Post by chris » 19 Apr 2013 14:32

Hi Claire

When we went to the European Bone Marrow Transplant Group Patient and Family Day they emphasised the importance of "killing" as many of the leukaemic cells as possible before transplantation so that the new stem cells had less to deal with. Sorry it has been a bit uncomfortable for you and hope that you do get some days of respite from nausea etc. Your visitors need to be considerate of how you are feeling and also very scrupulous about hygiene and stay away if they have even the merest hint of an infection!!

Hope everything goes well until 24th.

Very best wishes

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.
Claire

Post by Claire » 19 Apr 2013 23:13

Hi Claire

Just wanted to say that I am thinking about you. You are sounding incredibly positive and brave which is marvellous.

I can't offer advice, not having been through this and also being new to the world of MDS but I am sending positive vibes and thoughts your way.

Take care

Claire x
brianb

Post by brianb » 21 Apr 2013 15:12

Hi Claire,

Keep strong and positive. I too suffered with diarrhoea and temperature during my initial chemo. But I came through it and am now Day +312.

My thoughts are with you.

Brian X
Brian - M, 40yrs. Diagnosed with AML secondary to MDS Jan 2012. Received Unrelated Stem Cell Transplant June 2012. Now looking at returning to work.
Jayne

Post by Jayne » 26 Apr 2013 22:03

Hi Clare

Well you will have had your lovely new stem cells transfused by now. Give them lots of love and welcome them into your body. I really hope you are feeling ok. That's it girl, you are well on your way to getting the cure. How lucky are we that we can get the cure.....so many people can only dream of that.

Good luck, lots of love, Jayne xxx
Jayne
Feb 2011 MDS RCMD. Jan 2012 RAEB.
Feb 2012 - 2 lots of chemo each 4-6 weeks in hospital to destroy leukaemic cells resulting in remission from AML.
July 6 2012 - Stem cell transplant
Doing very well, feel great
Age 43.
chris

Post by chris » 01 Aug 2013 15:20

Dear Claire

Realised we had not heard from you for such a long time. How is everything with you following your transplant?

Hope you are well.

Best wishes

Chris
Chris.Trustee,Patient Support Ambassador (Essex) (F) Age 73 (2023)).Diagnosed in 2008. CMML-1. Normal red cells, low white cells & platelets, slightly raised monocytes. Enlarged spleen. Not had any treatment - active monitoring 6-monthly.

Return to “Say hello”