BMB

Moderator: Steering Committee

red

BMB

Post by red » 18 Nov 2014 13:46

COE in Cardiff asked my local hospital to do a BMB which I had done this morning. They only did the marrow not the bone. I had 2 of these 18 months ago including the bone aspiration. To days was far more painful, I actually screamed at one point. The nurse insisted on doing it on my right hip even after I said my right hip was very painful because of my arthritis. I felt faint and quite ill after going to sit out side and ended up being taken into the ward where they took my blood pressure 6 times. I noticed one of the readings was 192 over something. Eventually my blood pressure went back to normal and I came home.why does it have to be your right hip?
Red widow aged 70. MDS -20Q+t(1,9) diagnosed June 2013 on watch and wait. Lives in Somerset

Life is for living
punda milia

Re: BMB

Post by punda milia » 21 Nov 2014 20:28

I am so sorry to hear that you had such a painful time having a BMB. I am sure that I had mine done in my left hip so I don't know what that was about.

Hope that you are feeling in less pain now.

Best wishes
Diana
66 year female. Diagnosed with mds 2012. In 2002 treated for Non Hodgkins Lymphoma with chlorambucil. Have enlarged macrocytes, low neutrophils & low white cells. Also have Trisomy 8 & classified Intermediate 1. Now on watch & wait
red

Post by red » 24 Nov 2014 10:49

Hi Diana,
Area is still sore where they did the BMB now I've got a very nasty urinary infection, only gone15 days since last antibiotics which I was on for 31 days for the infection in my jaw from my double tooth.
How are you?
Winnie
red
Red widow aged 70. MDS -20Q+t(1,9) diagnosed June 2013 on watch and wait. Lives in Somerset

Life is for living
Kes

Post by Kes » 31 May 2015 22:14

hi,

It depends what hand the Dr uses. Most are right handed and so that goes with right hip. Of course if necessary you could lay the other way up. You should be able to insist if it's too much for you for a good reason like arthritis.

`sorry i don't check this often enough so you may have got the answer already.

cheers

kes
I was diagnosed initially with RA. Now I'm told it RCMD with hypocellular marrow. It seems I also have a big autoimmune component to my MDS with lots of accompanied joint pain[/color]

Return to “Bone Marrow Biopsies”